As part of The Next Big Thing Blog Hop, I am showcasing author friend and fellow SCWW member Christina Ruotolo, who takes a humorous look at chronic illness on her blog, Confessions of an Imodium Addict. I look forward to soon hearing the news that a wise agency has picked up this project!
1. What is the working title of your next book?
2. Where did the idea come from for your book?
Living with two chronic illnesses and the hilarious and mostly embarrassing moments that come along with living with illness. I have a blog called "Confessions of an Imodium Addict." I also have two good high-school friends who are dealing with the same thing, so it's a journey of three friends and our journey toward healing.
3. What genre does your book fall under?
Creative nonfiction sprinkled with humor. It could also be considered medical self-help
4. What is your synopsis or blurb for this book?
What do you get when you take three thirty-something women with three different disabilities and three different journeys toward healing? A hilarious look at illness, healing and friendship.
5. What actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
6. Will your book be self-published, or represented by an agency?
Hopefully represented by an agency. I have pitched part of my blog with good results!
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
It's still in production...moving a long. I've been working solo for about two years, so now I am having my friends join in.
8. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
Knowing I wasn't alone in my illness journey and I have friends who have to deal with those same issues, so why mot share our individual journeys and connecting friendship along the way.
9. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
"Driving Miss Daisy," or "Bathroom Trivia" books. Not many humor books about illness more are blogs.
10. What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?
It's funny and a book that doesn't have to read at one sitting. It's a little bit of funny with a slice of pain meds.
11. Who are the three people you'll host on your blog in this WIP blog hop?
JM Kelley, Maria Grego and Carly Collins.